Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Academy Awards

Yes I LOVE the...
This is what I said in one of my blog entries.
Like everyone I’ve watched the Oscars off and on throughout my life, but with recent achievements by African Americans (Denzel, Halle, Jamie, Forest, etc.) I have been watching them more and now EVERY YEAR.
I have even composed a page of all of the African American Academy Awards winners at our sister blog Cool Black Media.

I love the Oscars because they reward the previous year’s greatest cinema achievements as determined by some of the world’s most accomplished motion picture artists and professionals. It also helps that because I'm a filmmaker I now know what a Cinematographer is (and does) and have an appreciation for "Best Foreign Film" and the like. I am also well aware of the current disparages over the lack of diversity in the awards and I have a very definite opinion on that which I will write soon.

All of my Oscar blog entries have been posted at my aforementioned blog devoted to African Americans in the media
Read the blog entries at the links below-

Cool Black's Oscar picks 2012

Cool Black's Oscar picks 2011

Cool Black Media: Lack of Diversity at the Oscars 2011

Cool Black Media: African Americans at the Oscars

Cool Black's Oscar Recap Past & Present

2011 Best Picture Race

***UPDATE***

March 24, 2011- I have completed my piece on the lack of diversity in Hollywood. Read it here  




No comments: