Saturday, November 17, 2012

Happy 70th Birthday Martin Scorsese

Martin Scorsese
As he was born November 17, 1942, today is Mr. Scorsese's 70th birthday.

Today seems like the perfect time to clear up a fallacy; Martin Scorsese is my favorite director, a fact that is directly attributable to my have studied film. Besides making entertaining films, which is the goal of every filmmaker, the technical achievement in his films are for the most part excellent. 

I consume more media about Scorsese than perhaps any other filmmaker and I’m always amazed at his knowledge of cinema. That’s the main thing I learned from Mr. Scorsese, don’t just watch movies, but break them down and take them apart. To be a master of cinema you must first be a student of cinema. 

Thank You Mr. Scorsese and Happy Birthday.

My Five Favorite Martin Scorsese Films
  • GoodFellas
  • The Aviator
  • Cape Fear
  • Shutter Island
  • The Wolf of Wall Street

RELATED
My review of one of those Scorsese consumed media 
(Click the graphic to read it)














Read more about Martin Scorsese at Wikipedia here

2 comments:

Candice Frederick said...

happy birthday martin! i love all those films except the aviator.

Dankwa Brooks said...

LOL. Contacting THE COMMISSION ON PRESIDENTIAL DEBATES...